- Classic BBQ Food. You have to have the classic food at a 4th of July party! Nothing would be more depressing than going to an Independence Day party and having spaghetti and meatballs. When I think of 4th of July, I think hamburgers, hot dogs, pickles, chips, banana pudding, BBQ ribs if you’re feeling fancy etc.!
- Sparklers and Fireworks. Guys, don’t throw a 4th of July shin-dig without them! Just…don’t! Your friends and family WILL be disappointed.
- If you have a pool, get fun pool floats! Right now, donuts, pizza, a diamond ring and that cute white swan are at the top of my kids list! They are fan favorites at our house!
- Smores for when it gets dark and time for fireworks. I don’t know about you, but even if it’s 106 degrees outside my kids are still begging for smores the INSTANT the sun goes down.
- American Flag Decor! You don’t need much but a few accessories here and there with a cute color theme of red, white and blue will make the day feel festive.
- A good playlist. Guys. Don’t skip this one. Music sets the tone and atmosphere of any party. Also, awkward silence weirds me out so in the words of Rihanna,”please don’t stop the music!”
- Good quality paper plates and napkins. You don’t want to be doing dishes while your guests are hanging out. Just don’t get the cheap stuff. You don’t want your Grandma with a lap full of BBQ because her plate was flimsy. Be the hostest with the mostest.
- Trash cans in several places. This one you might forget until it’s a problem. Nobody (including the host) likes to clean up an overflowing trash can. I like to grab trash bags with drawstrings and hang them on a few door knobs around the house.
- BYOC Policy. Bring your own chair policy. There’s nothing more annoying than going to watch fireworks and not having a place to sit, BUT if I’m hosting, it’s not like I have 40 lawn chairs, so don’t forget to tell your guests to BYOC for fireworks or hanging around the pool!
- Last but not least, toilet paper. This is an OBVIOUS must have, but it could seriously slip your mind! When you have a house full of people the last thing you want to have to do is leave your party because you ran out of toilet paper! Cottonelle Mega Rolls are the perfect solution!
You will get the most out of your toilet paper with Cottonelle Mega Rolls because they are 4 times the size of a regular roll! Right now Ibotta has a great deal with $1 off you don’t want to miss out on! Grab your TP at your local Walmart or if you’re busy, check to see if your Walmart store has the FREE grocery pick-up option! SUCH a lifesaver.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! STAY SAFE!