One of my major loves in life is PIZZA. Like, when people play that game “if you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be?” I’m that girl that says pizza. So naturally when I started low carb-ing it to lose this baby weight, my first project was finding a replacement for my beloved pizza. Those of you who follow my Instagram stories know that I’m obsessed with this recipe and I make it probably 3-4 times a month if not more. It’s the easiest thing and my husband and kids love it! It’s a great recipe to have the kids help with and you can change up the toppings as desired!
This article may contain affiliate links, all opinions are my own. See my full disclosure policy here.
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
*Some of these measured units will vary depending on how many people you are feeding and how thick or think your preference is to sauce and cheese.
3 large organic zucchini (yes, feeds our family of 5!)
1 jar of organic pizza sauce
1 bag pepperonis (I use turkey but you can use regular)
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
grated parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a large baking pan with oil.
- Wash and slice the zucchini and lay flat on the baking sheet (or use a veggie bullet to make this dinner RIDICULOUSLY fast!).
- Top each slice with pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
(Save this recipe to your Pinterest board by clicking on the “save” icon in the upper left corner of the graphic below)